Download Windows 8 and 8.1 Login Screen for Windows XP
UPDATE: Windows 8.1 login screen is same as Windows 8.
Many of us are using Windows 8 RTM in our computers. Windows 8 comes with many changes and improvements. Also there are many UI changes and one of these UI changes is the new login screen.
Windows 8 login screen is a little bit different than Windows 7 login screen. It comes with a simple colored background.
If you are still using Windows XP but want to get similar login screen, this topic will definitely help you.
Our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA has created Windows 8 look-like login screen for Windows XP users.
Following is a preview of this login screen in action:
You can download it using following link:
After downloading, extract the RAR file using WinRAR or 7-Zip and you'll get "LogonUI.exe" file. That's the file which contains the login screen. You'll need to replace existing "logonui.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder with this downloaded one. Use "Replacer" to replace the file.
Or you can use Tuneup Utilities to easily apply the login screen which is very safe.
If you don't want to replace system file and don't want to use TuneUp Utilities to apply this login screen, check out following tutorial:
NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users can also get the similar login screen. First create the background image using any image editing software and then use any of the tools mentioned in following topic to apply the image as login screen background:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Tweak Microsoft Office 2013 Settings to Improve Your Privacy
- Fix “This Page has been Translated” Pop-up Message in Google Chrome by Disabling Automatic Translation Feature
- How to Fix File or Folder Rename Problem in Windows Vista?
- How to Remove “Computer” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane?
- XBoot: Free Utility to Combine ISO and Create Single Multiboot ISO or Bootable USB
- Download Best and Top 5 Free Addictive Games for Google Android Devices