It's been long time since we shared any theme for Windows Vista users. The last theme which we shared for Windows Vista was our exclusive "AeroVG" theme which has become one of the best and most popular theme ever created for Windows Vista. It was released in 2008.
Almost all people have switched to Windows 7 from Vista as Windows 7 was based on Windows Vista and Microsoft fixed all the issues in Windows 7 which were present in Windows Vista. Windows 7 is considered as the second Windows XP from Microsoft.
Since very few people are using Windows Vista, theme creators have stopped creating themes for Vista. Recently when we shared Windows 8 themes for Windows 7 and Windows XP, a few Windows Vista users asked us to share a similar theme to transform Windows Vista into Windows 8.
So today in this article, we are going to share a Windows 8 theme with Metro UI for Windows Vista users. This theme has been created by "M-Awesome" @ DA.
Following is a preview of this theme in action:
This Windows 8 theme was created when Windows 8 was under testing and Microsoft didn't remove Aero glass transparency from Windows 8. That's why this theme provides Aero glass along with square window borders.
This theme comes in 2 versions:
- Windows 8 theme without Start button
- Windows 8 theme with Start button
Initially the theme was created without Start button as Microsoft has removed Start button from Windows 8 but a few people asked for Start button so the developer created a new version of the theme with Start button. He used the same Start Screen thumbnail for Start button which is shown in Windows 8 to switch to Start Screen.
If you are a Windows Vista user and want to make your Windows Vista look-like Windows 8, you can download this theme using following link:
Please go through following tutorial to learn how to use custom themes in Windows Vista:
If you decide to uninstall the theme, you can follow easy steps given in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- Download Free Windows 7 RTM 90-day Trial Version
- Download Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Restarter: Restart Explorer, uxsms Service and Kill Not Responding Tasks Using Windows System Tray
- How to Remove “Get Help” Button from Command Bar in Windows 7 Explorer?
- [Software Update] Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Now Available for Download for Windows 7 Users