Today in this topic we are going to share Windows 8 concept login screen for Windows 7 users.
"Gloosh" login screen has been created AskVG's DA group member "pegel" after being inspired from a Windows 8 concept found on Internet.
This login screen features Windows 8 Metro UI along with some cool animations which look really amazing.
Following is a preview of this login screen in action:
This login screen supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 editions and you'll need to replace a system file to be able to enjoy it.
HOW TO INSTRUCTIONS:
1. First download following file:
2. Now go to "C:\Windows\System32" folder and take ownership of authui.dll file. To take ownership, you can take help of following tutorial:
- How to Add "Take Ownership" Option to File or Folder Context Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [Guide] How to Take Ownership (Permission) of a File or Folder Manually in Windows?
PS: We assume that you have installed Windows 7 in C: drive, if its installed in some other drive in your system, change C:\ to that drive letter.
3. Once you have taken ownership of the file, rename it to some other name like authui_bak.dll
4. Now extract the downloaded RAR file using 7-Zip or WinRAR and copy new authui.dll file from the appropriate folder to "C:\Windows\System32" folder.
5. That's it. Windows will start using the new file and you'll enjoy the new login screen.
6. If you also want to change the login screen background similar to the above preview, you can take help of any Windows 7 login screen changing software mentioned in following topic: