Download Windows 8 Aero Lite (Basic) Themes and Skins Pack for Windows XP
All of us know that Microsoft is working on its upcoming OS "Windows 8" and a free public beta build (Consumer Preview) of Windows 8 can be downloaded using following link:
Windows 8 comes with many new features and UI changes. One of these changes is the new "Aero Lite" theme which is actually a replacement for the old "Basic theme" present in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
New "Aero Lite" theme in Windows 8 looks neat and simple. If you are still using Windows XP and also like minimal themes, you'll definitely find this topic useful.
Today in this topic, we are going to share a download pack which contains Windows 8 Aero Lite themes and skins for Windows XP. This download pack contains following stuff:
- Windows 8 Aero Lite Skin for Windows Explorer
- Windows 8 Aero Lite Skin for Taskbar
- Windows 8 Aero Lite Styler Skin for Explorer Toolbars
- Windows 8 Version Info
- Windows 8 Aero Lite Skin for Start Menu
- Windows 8 Wallpaper
- Windows 8 Charms Bar
After applying all these stuff, you'll get Windows 8 "Aero Lite" look-like UI in Windows XP as shown in following screenshot:
So without wasting time lets share the pack:
1. First download the theme pack using following link. Thanks to our friend PeterRollar @ DA for creating it:
After downloading the RAR file, extract it using 7-Zip or WinRAR and you'll get a folder containing all the required stuff.
2. Now go to "BorderSkin CP" folder and run "BorderSkin.exe" file. It'll provide Windows 8 Aero Lite look-like borders in Windows Explorer window. You can learn more about Border Skin here.
3. Now install SBar which provides Windows 7 and Windows 8 like Taskbar functionality in Windows XP and Vista. After installing SBar, apply the skin present in "SBar" folder.
4. Now install Styler software and apply the styler skins present in "Styler toolbars" folder present in the pack. To learn how to use Styler, please visit following tutorial:
It'll provide Windows 8 look-like Ribbon UI in Windows XP Explorer. You can select any of 2 skins: ribbons minimized or ribbons maximized.
5. This pack also contains Windows 8 Version Info for XP. If you don't know about it, type winver in RUN dialog box and press Enter. You'll get a new window showing Windows logo and information. If you want to customize it and want to make it look-like Windows 8 version information, then you'll need to replace a system file "xpsp1res.dll" present in "Windows\System32" folder with the new one present in "Version info W8 CP" folder of the pack. You can use "Replacer" to replace the file.
6. If you want to have Windows 8 look-like tiny Start Menu and auto-hidden Start Screen thumbnail in bottom-left corner of screen, you can apply ViStart skin present in "W8 Start Menu" folder.
It'll replace XP start button with Windows 8 style square thumbnail which will only appear when you hover your mouse cursor on bottom-left corner of screen.
7. The "Wallpaper" folder contains default Windows 8 Consumer Preview wallpaper.
8. The last folder in the pack contains a RocketDock skin which will provide Windows 8 look-like Charms Bar in Windows XP. We have already covered it in past. For more info, check out following topic:
That's all what this download pack contains. You can also download Windows 8 boot screen, login screen and Start screen using following links:
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview "Betta Fish" Boot Screen for Windows XP
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview Login Screen for Windows XP
- Download Windows 8 Start Screen Full for Windows XP, Vista and 7
You can also check out following similar article which will provide Windows 8 Glass UI in Windows XP:
That's all for now. If you have any question regarding this pack, feel free to ask it in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Did You Know] Windows 8 Allows You to Remove “Favorites” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane
- [Tip] Speed Up Switching between Desktop and Start Screen By Disabling Start Screen Animation in Windows 8 and Later
- [Start Screen] How to Pin, Resize, Move, Close or Uninstall Metro App Tiles in Windows 8 and Later?
- Download Windows XP “Royale Blue” Theme “Vista Blue Refresh” for Windows Vista
- [Tip] How to Find Out the Date and Time When Windows was Installed in Your Computer?
- Add “Windows Apps” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later