Download Windows 8.1 RTM Now
We told you earlier that Microsoft is going to release final version (RTM) of Windows 8.1 to public on 17th October and finally the day has come. Microsoft has released the much awaited Windows 8.1 to public which is absolutely free for Windows 8 users but other Windows users will need to pay for it.
Windows 8.1 is actually an update for Windows 8 users which fixes several issues and annoyances present in Windows 8 OS. It also brings various new and useful features to Windows 8 OS such as more customization options for Start Screen, options to disable hot corners, Charms Bar, direct boot into Start Screen, etc. So Windows 8.1 is a must have update for Windows 8 users.
Check out following exclusive articles to learn more about Windows 8.1 features:
- What's New in Microsoft's Upcoming OS Windows 8.1 "Blue"?
- Windows 8.1 = Fix (Windows 8) <=> Windows 7 = Fix (Windows Vista)
Since Windows 8.1 is an update for Windows 8 OS, you can upgrade your existing Windows 8 OS to Windows 8.1 without any problem. But if you want to perform a clean installation, you can also download Windows 8.1 standalone ISO files and install a fresh Windows 8.1 in your computer. Other Windows users such as Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 can also purchase and download Windows 8.1 ISO file to install it in their systems. If you are using free Windows 8.1 Preview version in your system, you can also upgrade it to final RTM version.
Check out following article to learn more about Windows 8.1 upgrade process and pricing:
- Windows 8.1 Upgrade Paths and Pricing Details
- How to Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Preview to Windows 8.1 RTM Version?
If you are ready to install Windows 8.1 in your computer, check out following links:
If you are not in mood of purchasing Windows 8.1 at the moment, you can test it absolutely free for 90 days with the help of following link:
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Everything You Want to Know About Windows 8.1
- [Software Update] Opera 40 Now Available for Download
- Get Good Old Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CSMenu
- How to Prevent Themes to Change Desktop Icons & Mouse Pointers in Windows 7 and Later?
- Collection of Some Useful Tricks and Extensions for Mozilla Firefox
- Install All Post-SP1 Updates Offline in Windows 7 Using Convenience Rollup Package