Download Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 which can be downloaded using following link:
For your convenience, we are also sharing direct download links for Service Pack 1 which are as following:
Direct Download Link of SP1 32-bit (EXE) (537.809 MB)
Direct Download Link of SP1 64-bit (EXE) (903.196 MB)
Let us tell you again that SP1 is a joint release for both Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7.
SP1 doesn't contain any new features that are specific to Windows 7 itself. For Windows 7, SP1 is simply a combination of updates already available through Windows Update and additional hotfixes based on feedback by customers and partners.
From the server side, two key new features have been included:
Dynamic memory is an enhancement to Hyper-V in R2 and allows IT administrators to pool all the memory available on a physical host and dynamically distribute it to virtual machines running on that host as necessary. That means based on changes in workload, your VMs will be able to receive new memory allocations without a service interruption.
RemoteFX is the latest addition to Microsoft's desktop virtualization stack. Using this new feature in Windows Server 2008 R2, you'll be able to deliver an even richer and more user-transparent desktop virtualization experience. RemoteFX functions independently of any graphics stack and supports any screen content, including rich content like Silverlight or Flash. It also enhances the end-user's hardware experience with support for USB redirection. Because it uses virtualized graphics resources, RemoteFX works on a wide array of target devices, which means you can deploy it over both thick and thin client hosts and a wide variety of network configurations.
PS: After installing SP1 don't forget to install Convenience rollup package which contains all post-SP1 updates:
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- 7 Logon Changer: Customize Windows 7 Login Screen on the Fly
- Add “System Shortcuts” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- How to Install and Apply Custom 3rd Party Login Screens in Windows without Replacing Default LogonUI.exe File?
- [Solution] Windows Explorer Folders Pane Grayed Out (Disabled) in Windows 2000, XP and 2003
- [Tip] Get Rid of Windows 8/8.1 Explorer Ribbon and Get Classic Toolbar Back
- How to Fix Broken Incompatible Extensions in Mozilla Firefox and Make Them Compatible With Newer Versions?