Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 which can be downloaded using following link:
For your convenience, we are also sharing direct download links for Service Pack 1 which are as following:
Direct Download Link of SP1 32-bit (EXE) (537.809 MB)
Direct Download Link of SP1 64-bit (EXE) (903.196 MB)
Let us tell you again that SP1 is a joint release for both Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7.
SP1 doesn't contain any new features that are specific to Windows 7 itself. For Windows 7, SP1 is simply a combination of updates already available through Windows Update and additional hotfixes based on feedback by customers and partners.
From the server side, two key new features have been included:
Dynamic memory is an enhancement to Hyper-V in R2 and allows IT administrators to pool all the memory available on a physical host and dynamically distribute it to virtual machines running on that host as necessary. That means based on changes in workload, your VMs will be able to receive new memory allocations without a service interruption.
RemoteFX is the latest addition to Microsoft's desktop virtualization stack. Using this new feature in Windows Server 2008 R2, you'll be able to deliver an even richer and more user-transparent desktop virtualization experience. RemoteFX functions independently of any graphics stack and supports any screen content, including rich content like Silverlight or Flash. It also enhances the end-user's hardware experience with support for USB redirection. Because it uses virtualized graphics resources, RemoteFX works on a wide array of target devices, which means you can deploy it over both thick and thin client hosts and a wide variety of network configurations.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) and Logo in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows XP
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- Complete Guide for Windows Customization Terms and Resources
- Microsoft Launches Official “Building Windows 8″ Blog, Pre-Release Build to Arrive in Coming Months
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows Vista and Later
- [Direct Download Links] Download Genuine Windows Vista RTM with SP1 Setup Files (32-bit and 64-bit)