Windows 7 contains a new login screen which looks awesome. Now you can get the same login screen in Windows XP.
Our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA has created a login screen for Windows XP which looks exact same as Windows 7 login screen.
Download the login screen from following link:
Now extract the RAR file using WinRAR or 7-Zip and you'll get "LogonUI.exe" file. That's the file which contains the login screen. You'll need to replace existing "logonui.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder with this downloaded one. Use "Replacer" to replace the file.
Or you can use Tuneup Utilities to easily apply the login screen which is very safe.
If you don't want to replace system file and don't want to use TuneUp Utilities to apply this login screen, check out following tutorial:
NOTE: If you are a Windows Vista user, you can get this new login screen using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows Vista
- Enable Hidden Secret Animation in Windows 7 and Windows 8 Explorer Icon Views
- RecycleBinEx: Freeware to Extend and Enhance the Functionality of Recycle Bin in Windows
- TClock: Show Windows 7 Look-like Date & Time in System Tray in Windows XP and Vista
- How to Disable Hot Corners (Charms Bar, Start Screen Thumbnail, App Switch List) in Windows 8?
- Windows 8 Comes with 2 Flavors of Internet Explorer 10 (IE10): Metro Style App and Desktop App