Lots of people requested for a Normal Taskbar (Thin Taskbar) version of this theme and I'm glad to announce that "SevenVG Black RTM with Normal Taskbar" is available to download now.
You can download the theme using following link:
PS: You'll find the download link in the right-side section of the above mentioned page.
How to Install and Use:
1. Once you download the ZIP file, extract it. You'll get a folder "SevenVG Black RTM Theme with Normal Taskbar for Windows XP".
2. In this folder, you'll get 5 more folders:
- Extra Common Tasks (This folder contains 2 extra shell styles: Bottom and Left dark blue.)
- Fonts (This folder contains Segoe UI fonts required for the theme. Run Fonts.exe file to install them.)
- Iconized Taskbar Hack (This folder contains registry script to enable Iconized taskbar in Windows XP.)
- Styler Toolbar (This folder contains "Styler" setup file and "SevenVG RTM" Styler skin. You can apply it to get Windows 7 look-like commandbar in Windows XP Explorer.) To know more about Styler and how to use it, visit this link.
- Theme (This folder contains the main theme. Run Theme.exe file to install it.)
3. Download and run UXTheme patcher using following topic:
4. Run "Theme.exe" file present in "Theme" folder and apply the theme using Desktop Properties.
NOTE: To use "Extra Common Tasks", you'll need to replace existing shellstyle.dll file present in "Drive_letter:\Windows\Resources\Themes\SevenVG Black RTM Normal\Shell\NormalColor\" with any of the 2 shellstyle.dll files present in "Extra Common Tasks" folder of downloaded ZIP file.
Facing Problems in Applying Theme?
If you face problems while applying the theme or patching Windows, check following tutorials:
- How to Install & Use Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP, Vista & 7
- How to Uninstall / Remove Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Fix Start Menu Cut-Off Problem in Windows XP Themes?
- How to Fix "Windows NT Setup Files Detected" Error Message While Running UXTheme Patcher in Windows XP
- How to Install and Apply Styler Toolbar Skin in Windows XP Explorer?
- How to Get Blue Toolbar Back in Microsoft Office 2003 While Using 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP
PS: If you want to completely transform your Windows XP into Windows 7 including theme, boot screen, login screen, icons, etc, please follow following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Smart Folders: Freeware to Get iOS and Android Style Folder Creation Functionality in Windows
- How to Pin Any File, Folder or Program Shortcut to Windows 8 Start Screen?
- [AIO] List of Free Software to Get Start Menu and Start Button Back in Windows 8
- Get Windows Vista Welcome Center in Windows XP
- A Bootable USB: Freeware to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Server 2008
- AquaSnap: Get Windows 7′s Aero Snap and Aero Shake Features in Windows XP and Vista