Download OSX Yosemite Login Screen for Windows XP and 7
UPDATE: OSX Yosemite Login Screen for Windows 7 is now available for download.
You might be aware of the upcoming OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) Mac operating system from Apple which is going to release for public at the end of this year. Currently its available for developers and beta testers only.
OS X Yosemite will come with a redesigned UI inspired from iOS 7. It'll feature clean and flat UI elements similar to Windows 8 Metro UI.
OS X Yosemite will also come with a new Login Screen aka Welcome Screen which will look similar to following image:
If you are not a Mac user but want to enjoy a similar login screen in your Windows operating system, here is a good news for you.
Our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA has created OS X Yosemite look-like login screen for Windows XP and Windows 7.
If you want to use OS X Yosemite login screen in Windows XP or Windows 7, just follow these simple steps:
Instructions for Windows XP Users:
1. First of all download the login screen file using following link:
You'll find several files present at the above mentioned link. Scroll down to bottom of the download page and you'll see "Yosemite logon for XP" icon. Click on the icon and it'll immediately start downloading the RAR file.
2. After downloading the RAR file, extract it using 7-Zip or WinRAR programs. You'll find a folder containing the login screen file "logonui.exe".
3. To apply the login screen, you'll need to replace existing "LogonUI.exe" file present in "C:\Windows\System32" folder with this new one. You can use Replacer to replace the file. You can also use Tuneup Utilities software to easily apply the new login screen.
If you don't want to replace system files or don't want to use 3rd party software to apply the new login screen, you can take help of following exclusive tutorial to easily apply it:
That's it. Restart your system and get ready to enjoy OS X Yosemite look-like login screen in your Windows.
Instructions for Windows 7 Users:
1. First of all download the login screen using following link:
2. After downloading the file, extract it using 7-Zip or WinRAR and you'll get a folder containing 2 sub-folders:
- 64bit files
- 32bit files
If you are using 32-bit edition of Windows 7, you'll need the files present in "32bit files" folder. 64-bit Windows users will need the files present in "64bit files" folder.
3. Both folders contains 2 dll files:
You'll need to replace existing dll files in your Windows with these new dll files.
4. Please follow the rest of the steps given in following tutorial:
- Download OS X "Mountain Lion" Look-Like Login Screen for Windows 7
- Download OS X "Mountain Lion" Look-Like Login Screen for Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Disable OneDrive in Windows 10
- Add “System Tools” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- How to Disable Lock Screen in Windows 8 and Later?
- Download Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton Internet Security 2013 and Norton 360 2013 Free Public Beta Versions
- Download AVG Antivirus Free Edition 2012
- Fix Windows Update Problems Using Automatic Reset Script