Download New Windows 8 Blue Login Screen for Windows 7
We love customizing Windows UI and login screen is one of the UI components which we customize a lot. There is no doubt that Windows 7 login screen is the most customizable login screen among all Windows versions because Microsoft introduced 2 built-in Registry tweaks to customize its appearance. One tweak allows you to change its background image as mentioned here and the other tweak allows you to customize shadow and transparency effects for text and buttons present at the login screen.
Apart from using these built-in Registry tweaks, you can also take help of our favorite customization tool Resource Hacker to modify a system file authui.dll to give Windows 7 login screen a full makeover. You can move buttons and labels, you can resize pictures and much more.
There are many people who don't like modifying system files. That's why we regularly share ready-made files which can be used to replace existing system files in Windows to customize login screen look. We have shared many such ready-made login screens for Windows 7 in past such as Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Windows 8 RTM and Windows 8 concept login screens.
Today in this topic, we are going to share a new login screen for Windows 7 users which will make your login screen look-like Windows 8 login screen. This login screen has been created by our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA. Actually its an improved version of the previous Windows 8 RTM login screen.
"Windows 8 Blue login screen" is the best Windows 8 look-like login screen for Windows 7 so far. It comes with exact buttons, user picture and other effects which are present in default Windows 8 login screen. If you are a Windows 7 user and want to enjoy Windows 8 login screen, this stuff is definitely for you.
Following is a preview of this login screen in action:
This login screen can be used in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7. Interested people can follow these simple steps to apply Windows 8 blue login screen in Windows 7:
1. First of all download the login screen using following link:
2. After downloading the file, extract it using 7-Zip or WinRAR and you'll get a folder containing 2 sub-folders:
- x64 (64bit) files
- x86(32 bit) files
If you are using 32-bit edition of Windows 7, you'll need the files present in "x86(32 bit) files" folder. 64-bit Windows users will need the files present in "x64 (64bit) files" folder.
3. Both folders contains 2 dll files:
You'll need to replace existing dll files in your Windows with these new dll files.
4. Please follow the rest of the steps given in following tutorial:
Feel free to share your feedback about this login screen in your comment...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] “One or More Network Protocols are Missing on This Computer” Error in Windows
- Download Windows Phone 7 “Mango” and XBox Inspired Themes for Windows 7
- [Tip] 5 Easy Ways to Switch from Windows 8 and Later to Other Installed OS in Dual Boot Environment
- Hidden Secret Trick to Reboot Google Android Mobile Phones into Safe Mode
- Download Genuine Microsoft Office Setup Media for Offline Installation
- How to Add “Kill Not Responding Tasks” in Desktop Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later