UPDATE: A new version 2.5 has been released which includes updated Stylish code to fix large bookmarks bar. So download the updated version.
We know that Mozilla Firefox 3.7 is under development and it has been announced that Firefox 3.7 will support Aero Glass and will have a new interface. "BoneyardBrew" along with "SoapyHamHocks" @ DA has created a new theme which provides almost same interface as shown in the 3.7 mockups. Following is a screenshot of this theme:
If you want the same look in your Firefox 3.0 or later, follow these simple steps:
STEP 1: First download the theme using following link:
Its a ZIP file. Extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. You'll get a .ZAR file which contains the actual theme. Drag-n-drop this file to "Add-ons" window in Firefox and it'll install the theme.
STEP 2: You'll also need to install the "All Glass Firefox" add-on to get the Glass effect.
STEP 3: If you also want to get the "Tools" button near "Searchbox" as shown in the screenshot, install "Personal Menu" add-on using following link:
It'll add the "Tools" button near searchbox. Now right-click on empty area near addressbar or searchbox and select "Customize" option. Now drag "Bookmarks" button between searchbox and Tools button.
Now go to "Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions" menu and select "Personal Menu" from the list. Click on "Options" button and go to "Advanced" Tab. Enable "Hide Drop-Marker" option. Also enable "Hide Menus Toolbar" and "Show temporarily by pressing ALT key" options to hide menubar.
STEP 4: If you face problem while reading text on inactive tabs, you'll need to apply the code given in "newtabfix.txt" present in the downloaded ZIP file using "Stylish" add-on.
Once installed, copy the code from TXT file, click on the "Stylish" icon present in Statusbar and select "Write new style -> Blank style" option. Now paste the code in text area. Provide a suitable name to the style and click on "Save" button. That's it.
After following these steps, you'll enjoy the same interface in your favorite browser.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 7 Starter Edition or Windows 7 Restricted Edition?
- Ultimate Collection of Best Free Alternatives to Microsoft Office Suite
- How to Disable Numerical File Name Sorting and Enable Classic Literal Sorting in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Explorer?
- [Guide] Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Windows Customization
- vLite: Freeware to Create Unattended Setup Disc of Windows Vista, Slipstream Service Packs and Integrate Drivers
- Mosaic: Get Windows 8 Style Live Tiles with Metro UI on Windows XP, Vista and 7 Desktop