Download Mozilla Firefox 3.7 Mockup Theme NOW
UPDATE: A new version 2.5 has been released which includes updated Stylish code to fix large bookmarks bar. So download the updated version.
We know that Mozilla Firefox 3.7 is under development and it has been announced that Firefox 3.7 will support Aero Glass and will have a new interface. "BoneyardBrew" along with "SoapyHamHocks" @ DA has created a new theme which provides almost same interface as shown in the 3.7 mockups. Following is a screenshot of this theme:
If you want the same look in your Firefox 3.0 or later, follow these simple steps:
STEP 1: First download the theme using following link:
Its a ZIP file. Extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. You'll get a .ZAR file which contains the actual theme. Drag-n-drop this file to "Add-ons" window in Firefox and it'll install the theme.
STEP 2: You'll also need to install the "All Glass Firefox" add-on to get the Glass effect.
STEP 3: If you also want to get the "Tools" button near "Searchbox" as shown in the screenshot, install "Personal Menu" add-on using following link:
It'll add the "Tools" button near searchbox. Now right-click on empty area near addressbar or searchbox and select "Customize" option. Now drag "Bookmarks" button between searchbox and Tools button.
Now go to "Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions" menu and select "Personal Menu" from the list. Click on "Options" button and go to "Advanced" Tab. Enable "Hide Drop-Marker" option. Also enable "Hide Menus Toolbar" and "Show temporarily by pressing ALT key" options to hide menubar.
STEP 4: If you face problem while reading text on inactive tabs, you'll need to apply the code given in "newtabfix.txt" present in the downloaded ZIP file using "Stylish" add-on.
Once installed, copy the code from TXT file, click on the "Stylish" icon present in Statusbar and select "Write new style -> Blank style" option. Now paste the code in text area. Provide a suitable name to the style and click on "Save" button. That's it.
After following these steps, you'll enjoy the same interface in your favorite browser.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Registry Tweak to Decrease Window Border Size and Padding in Windows 8 and Later
- How to Select Multiple Tiles and Show Bottom App Bar on Start Screen in Windows 8.1 Update 1?
- [Solution] Taskbar is not Transparent While Using Aero Theme in Windows Vista
- BitLocker Repair Tool: Recover Encrypted Data from Physically Damaged or Corrupted Hard Disk
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2) Public Beta
- Microsoft Launches Official “Building Windows 8” Blog, Pre-Release Build to Arrive in Coming Months