Download Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” Look-Like Login Screen for Windows XP
It's been long time since we shared customization stuff for Windows XP users, so today we decided to share something special and interesting to please our readers who are still using the good old Windows XP OS.
Most of us know about the latest Mac OS X version 10.8 which is also known as "Mountain Lion". It comes with many new features such as notification center, notes, messages, game center, etc. Apart from new features and enhancements, it also comes with many GUI changes and one of the UI changes is the new login screen.
OS X Mountain Lion login screen looks like following image:
If you are using Windows XP and want to have OS X Mountain Lion look-like login screen in your Windows, this topic will definitely help you.
Our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA has created an excellent login screen for Windows XP which brings OS X Mountain Lion look-like login interface to XP.
If you want to give it a try, just follow these simple steps:
1. First of all download the login screen using following link:
2. Its a .rar file which can be extracted using 7-Zip or WinRAR. Once you extract it, you'll get an EXE file "LogonUI.exe" which contains the main login screen resources.
3. To apply this new login screen, you'll need to replace existing "LogonUI.exe" file present in "C:\Windows\System32" folder with this new one. Use "Replacer" to replace the file. You can also use Tuneup Utilities software to easily apply the login screen.
If you don't want to replace system files or don't want to use extra software to apply the login screen, you can take help of following tutorial to easily apply it:
Feel free to share your feedback about this login screen in your comment...
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8.1 without using Customization Pack
- [Fix] 0x800F0906 and 0x800F081F Error Messages While Installing .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 8/8.1
- [Tip] Pin “Slide to Shutdown” Shortcut to Windows 8.1 Start Screen
- [Fix] Can’t Set or Change Office 2013 Background Image, Automatically Resets to None
- [FIX] Error Message “0x80070424” Received in Windows Update or Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Quick Start Guides to Get Tips and Learn Keyboard Shortcuts