[Software Update] Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Now Available for Download for Windows 7 Users
A few months back we told you about Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) version which comes preinstalled with the latest Windows 8.1 operating system. IE11 comes with many new features such as preload websites feature, WebGL support, support for up to 100 tabs per window, etc.
If you are not using Windows 8.1 but want to use the new version of Internet Explorer, here is a good news for you.
Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
- Improved performance
- Faster page load times
- New standards support
- Completely revised F12 developer tools
- Supports HTML5 link prefetching and pre-rendering
- WebGL support
- Supports more HTML5 and CSS properties
- Supports rich text layout for East Asian languages
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Processor: 1GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Memory: 512MB
- Hard Drive Space: 70MB
- Display: Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors
Internet Explorer 11 is available in 95 languages such as Arabic, Basque (Basque), Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US), Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi (India), Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvia, Lithuanian, Malay (Brunei Darussalam), Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 users can download and install IE11 from following link:
If you are looking for Internet Explorer 11 cabinet files to integrate them into Windows 7 setup image, you can download them using following links:
IE11 will replace existing Internet Explorer version in your system. Although you can uninstall it later and restore previous IE version using the same method given here.
Thanks to our reader "pc10282013" for the update...
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Internet Explorer web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Can’t See Minimize Button in Titlebar and Access Taskbar in Metro Apps in Windows 8.1
- How to Show Windows 8 Developer Preview Watermark (Build Number Info) on Windows 7 Desktop?
- Smart Desktop: Free Utility to Put Panels with Tabs on Windows Desktop
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8 RTM without using Customization Pack
- Add “Show / Hide Checkbox” to Select Items Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- Repair Nokia Lumia and HTC One Mobile Phones Using Software Recovery Tools