[Software Update] Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Now Available for Download for Windows 7 Users
A few months back we told you about Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) version which comes preinstalled with the latest Windows 8.1 operating system. IE11 comes with many new features such as preload websites feature, WebGL support, support for up to 100 tabs per window, etc.
If you are not using Windows 8.1 but want to use the new version of Internet Explorer, here is a good news for you.
Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
- Improved performance
- Faster page load times
- New standards support
- Completely revised F12 developer tools
- Supports HTML5 link prefetching and pre-rendering
- WebGL support
- Supports more HTML5 and CSS properties
- Supports rich text layout for East Asian languages
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Processor: 1GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Memory: 512MB
- Hard Drive Space: 70MB
- Display: Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors
Internet Explorer 11 is available in 95 languages such as Arabic, Basque (Basque), Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US), Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi (India), Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvia, Lithuanian, Malay (Brunei Darussalam), Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 users can download and install IE11 from following link:
If you are looking for Internet Explorer 11 cabinet files to integrate them into Windows 7 setup image, you can download them using following links:
IE11 will replace existing Internet Explorer version in your system. Although you can uninstall it later and restore previous IE version using the same method given here.
Thanks to our reader "pc10282013" for the update...
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Internet Explorer web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] Safety Precautions to Setup and Install a 3rd Party Software in Windows
- [Solution] Options to Change Hidden Files and Folders Settings are not Available in Folder Options
- OEM Configurer: Free Utility to Add OEM Information and Logo in System Properties of Windows XP, Vista and 7
- mStartEX: Windows 8 Style Start Menu Replacement for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Download Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer (Frontpage) Free
- [Tip] Get Classic Theme, UI and Features Back in Mozilla Firefox