NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Internet Explorer web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
A few months back we told you about Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) version which comes preinstalled with the latest Windows 8.1 operating system. IE11 comes with many new features such as preload websites feature, WebGL support, support for up to 100 tabs per window, etc.
If you are not using Windows 8.1 but want to use the new version of Internet Explorer, here is a good news for you.
Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
- Improved performance
- Faster page load times
- New standards support
- Completely revised F12 developer tools
- Supports HTML5 link prefetching and pre-rendering
- WebGL support
- Supports more HTML5 and CSS properties
- Supports rich text layout for East Asian languages
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Processor: 1GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Memory: 512MB
- Hard Drive Space: 70MB
- Display: Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors
Internet Explorer 11 is available in 95 languages such as Arabic, Basque (Basque), Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US), Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi (India), Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvia, Lithuanian, Malay (Brunei Darussalam), Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 users can download and install IE11 from following link:
If you are looking for Internet Explorer 11 cabinet files to integrate them into Windows 7 setup image, you can download them using following links:
NOTE: IE11 will replace existing Internet Explorer version in your system. Although you can uninstall it later and restore previous IE version using the same method given here.
Thanks to our reader "pc10282013" for the update...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- TweakIE9: Tweaking Utility for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)
- How to Fix “Task Manager has been Disabled by your Administrator” Problem in Windows?
- [Fix] Lock Screen Appears Automatically at Constant Intervals in Windows 8 and Later
- Download Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Free Public Beta
- How to Disable Autorun Functionality in Windows Using Registry Editor?
- Add Context Menu Option to Extract / Unpack Files from MSI (Microsoft Installer) Package