Download Internet Explorer Developer Channel Version for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
If you follow this blog regularly, you might be aware of the Dev channel of Google Chrome web browser and Nightly channel of Mozilla Firefox web browser. Both these channels provide a testing version of the web browser so that interested people can learn and try the new features which are going to be included in the future versions of these web browsers.
Now Microsoft has also decided to follow this tradition. Microsoft has launched a new version of Internet Explorer called "Developer Channel" which will include some of the new features that might be implemented in future versions of Internet Explorer web browser.
This new Developer Channel of Internet Explorer has been created specially for developers and tech enthusiasts who want to try the upcoming versions of Internet Explorer and want to test their new features.
Developer Channel is a fully functional web browser which runs alongside and independently of Internet Explorer 11 version. It can be installed in Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 and Windows 8.1 only.
NOTE for Windows 7 Users:
If you are using Windows 7 and want to install this new Developer Channel version of Internet Explorer, you must install following prerequisite items first:
- Service Pack 1 for Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Windows PowerShell 3.0 (comes with Windows Management Framework 3.0)
NOTE for Windows 8.1 Users:
If you are using Windows 8.1 and want to try Developer Channel of IE, you must have installed 2919355 update before installing Developer Channel build.
This new Internet Explorer Developer Channel gives a sneak peek at the upcoming IE features such as WebDriver API, GamePad API, F12 Developer Tools improvements and WebGL improvements.
If you are ready to try the new Internet Explorer Developer Channel version, you can download it using following links:
Its available in both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) editions. Please keep in mind that the file size of 32-bit version of IE Developer Channel is 107 MB and the file size of 64-bit version is 145.6 MB.
Following are the direct download links of IE Developer Channel version:
As we mentioned in the beginning, this Developer Channel version of IE installs side-by-side with IE11 so you don't need to worry about your existing IE11 version. You can use both of them in your system.
Posted in: Internet Explorer
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Which is the Best Web Browser Ever: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari or Maxthon?
- All About Mozilla Firefox Profile Folder and Configuration Files
- Mozilla Firefox “about:support” Page Shows Modified Preferences, Installed Extensions and Other Details in Single Place
- PC Decrapifier: Remove Unwanted Programs from Branded PCs
- Add “Change Sound”, “Change Cursor”, “System Properties” and Other Useful Shortcuts in Windows Vista and Later Desktop Context Menu
- Tweak and Customize Windows 7 Login Screen Using Logon Editor