Download Free Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) Screensaver to Scan Your System When Its Idle
If you use Microsoft's free antivirus tool "Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)", here is something interesting for you.
"Security Essentials Screensaver" is a screensaver for Windows created by "jwils876" @ DA. This screensaver scans your system for viruses using MSE when your system is idle.
There is no installation needed. Just download the ZIP file, extract it and you'll get 2 screensavers in the folder:
- Security Screensaver.scr
- Security Screensaver NG.scr
The difference between the two screensavers is:
Security Screensaver when triggered will perform an update and scan and a command prompt window will be visible during the process showing the update progress and scan progress. When it completes, it will start an actual screensaver featuring the castle logo from Microsoft Security Essentials.
Security Screensaver NG (No Graphics) when triggered will perform an update and scan completely silent, so no window will be visible showing the progress of the update and scan. When it completes the update and scan, it will not trigger an actual screensaver.
To install the screensaver, right click on any of 2 screensavers file and select "Install". Or you can copy the scr file to "Windows\System32" folder and then apply the screensaver using Screensaver Settings.
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- EIGHT: Get Windows 8 Start Screen Look-Like Metro Style Homepage in Web Browsers
- Download Windows 8 Free Consumer Preview (Public Beta)
- [FAQ] Things to Know Before Downloading or Installing Windows 8.1 Preview
- How to Remove “Computer” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane?
- [Tip] Reclaim Free Space by Removing Old Windows Updates Files in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- Add Websites or Search Engine Links in Windows Explorer and Start Menu Search Results Page