Download Free e-book “Programming Windows Phone 7” from Microsoft
Microsoft has released a free e-book "Programming Windows Phone 7" as a gift to programming community. This e-book has been written by Charles Petzold.
The book contains about 1000 pages covering 24 chapters. The book teaches you the basics of writing applications for Windows Phone 7 using the C# programming language with the Silverlight and XNA 2D frameworks.
This book is divided into three parts. The first part discusses basic concepts of Windows Phone 7 programming using example programs that target both Silverlight and the XNA framework. The second part of this book focuses entirely on Silverlight, and the third part on XNA 2D.
To use this book properly you'll need to download and install the Windows Phone Developer Tools, which includes Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone, XNA Game Studio 4.0, and an on-screen Windows Phone Emulator to test your programs in the absence of an actual device.
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Things You Should Know and Do Before Upgrading to Windows 10
- Moo0 WindowMenuPlus: Add Extra Useful Menus to Windows Explorer
- Who Will Get Free Windows 10?
- [Tip] Disable Cortana and Bing Search Results in Windows 10
- Download Panda Cloud Free Antivirus 2.0
- [Windows 10 Tip] Add, Remove, Rename or Change Shortcuts on the Bottom-Left of Start Menu