If you spend your time on Internet reading blogs and forums, you might be using an RSS Feed reader to get instant alert of latest articles on your favorite blog or forum. RSS Feed readers alert you automatically as soon as a new article is posted on your subscribed blog or forum.
I also use an RSS Feed reader "FeedDemon". I'm using it since many years and I also created a portable version of FeedDemon which doesn't need any installation:
FeedDemon used to come in 2 versions: Free and Pro. Free version showed advertisement in bottom-left corner of the program window. Pro version contained some extra features such as feed prefetching, content filters, themes, etc.
Now some good news and same bad news. FeedDemon development has been stopped. The program will no longer be updated. But the good news is that a new version FeedDemon 4.5 has been released which is the last version of FeedDemon and comes absolutely free with all features of FeedDemon Pro version.
So You can download the latest 4.5 version of FeedDemon free and it'll not show any advertisement and will provide all Pro version features without any cost.
One thing has been removed from the latest version which is Google Reader synchronization support. Since Google Reader is going to retire on July 1, 2013, the synchronization feature will not work in FeedDemon. That's why the Google Reader synchronization feature has been removed from the program. It's also a major reason behind shut down of FeedDemon program.
Interested people can download FeedDemon Pro 4.5 version using following link:
Don't forget to subscribe to AskVG RSS Feed, if you haven't subscribed yet...
Thanks to gHacks for sharing the news...
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Launches “Ultimate PC” Website to Provide “Ultimate Exclusives” for Windows Vista
- How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows?
- Google Launches Games in Google+, Now Play Free Games Using Your Google+ Account
- TeraCopy: Free Alternative to Windows Built-in Copy and Move Functionality
- Smart Defrag 2: Free Tool for Fast and Efficient Disk Defragmentation
- How to Install Windows 8 in Virtual Box or VMware Workstation?