[Fix] Remove “Test mode Windows 7 build 7600 or 7601” Message (Watermark) from Windows 7 Desktop
Many times Windows 7 suddenly starts showing Test mode watermark on Desktop. A message is shown at the bottom-right corner having following text:
If you are using Windows 7 SP1, you get Build 7601 displayed on screen:
Actually it happens when Windows 7 is running in Test mode. Microsoft has released a new Fixit to fix this problem.
When you start your Windows 7 based computer, you receive the following message in the lower-right corner of the desktop:
Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7600
For Windows 7 SP1, you get following message:
Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601
This message is displayed because your computer is running in test mode.
The test mode watermark can appear if the test signing mode is started on the computer. This test mode may occur if an application whose drivers are not digitally signed by Microsoft is installed and still in the test phase. Microsoft added test mode to Windows so that users can test programs without having to provide an authentication certificate. The message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section is displayed in the lower-right corner of the desktop when the computer is running in test mode.
1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
2. Now provide following command:
bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING OFF
If the above command doesn't work, you can provide following commands:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF
3. That's it. Close Command Prompt window and restart your system. It'll disable the watermark from Desktop.
If you don't want to fix the problem manually, you can download following Fixit released by Microsoft which will automatically fix the problem:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Disable Telemetry and Data Collection on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- ZeuAPP: Download and Install 160+ Free Software Within Few Clicks
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- List of Best Free Online Virus Scanners
- How to Fix User Folders Glass Icons Changed to Default Yellow Icons in Windows Vista?
- [Review] Windows 10 Command Prompt (Console)