Today we are going to feature yet another small and portable tweaking utility for Windows 8 OS which allows you to:
- Disable window colorization feature in Windows 8 to have window borders always white
- Adjust color balance settings in Windows 8
- Enable high contrast mode to get transparency in Windows 8
- Enable secret slow animations tweak in Windows 8
Most of us know that Microsoft has removed Aero glass transparency from Windows 8 and now you don't get any transparency effect in program windows. But Microsoft has kept the transparency effect in Taskbar. Recently we shared a trick to enable transparency in Windows 8:
The above topic utilizes a hidden bug in Windows 8 which provides this so called transparency effect. This bug is created by enabling high contrast mode in Windows 8. The software which we are going to share in this topic will help you in enabling this high contrast mode feature in a single click.
Apart from the transparency effect, the freeware will also allow you to enable or disable "Window Colorization" feature in Windows 8. By default this feature is enabled in Windows 8. This feature automatically matches color of Taskbar and program window borders when you change the color using Desktop personalization window.
Using this freeware you can disable the feature and then program window borders will always remain white irrespective of what color you have set for the Taskbar. So with the help of this feature, you can have different color of window borders and Taskbar in Windows 8.
Third and last feature of this freeware is hidden secret "Animations Slowdown" tweak. This feature was also present in Windows Vista and Windows 7. Whenever you minimize or maximize a window or do anything else, nice animations are shown by Windows. When you enable this tweak, you can slow down these animations by pressing SHIFT key on your keyboard.
The software which allows you to do all these things is "Aero8Tuner" which has been developed by our friend hb860.
You just need to enable or disable the desired option and then apply the changes. Its very easy to use and might come useful for some Windows 8 users. Interested people can download it using following link:
PS: You can manually enable "Animation slowdown" trick mentioned above using Registry Editor. You just need to open Registry Editor using regedit command and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM key and in right-side pane create a new DWORD AnimationsShiftKey. Set its value to 1 and restart system. Now whenever you'll press SHIFT key and minimize/maximize a window or do anything else, the animations will be shown very slowly.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Windows Customization
- How to Change or Customize Start Menu Look-n-Feel in Windows XP?
- Personalization Panel: Change Desktop Wallpaper and Get Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic Editions
- How to Get Classic XP Style Network Activity Indicator Back in Windows 7?
- A Bootable USB: Freeware to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Server 2008
- Metro UI: Download Windows 8 Metro Style Black, Blue and White Themes for Yahoo! Messenger