Most of us already know that we can create a shortcut to "Power Settings" in Windows using powercfg.cpl command. This shortcut opens "Power Options" window which is usually present in Control Panel.
But if you browse through Power Options window, you'll find a link to "Advanced Power Settings" window which allows you to tweak power settings in detail. This option is not directly accessible, you need to click 2-3 links here and there to access this option.
Wouldn't it be great if you can have a direct shortcut to "Advanced Power Settings" window so that you can access it within a click?
Recently one AskVG reader "Peter" asked about it in a topic:
I find your articles very enjoyable and fun as well as informative and useful, keep it up.
In win 7, in Control Panel\Power Options\change plan settings, there is a box called advanced power options which is a very useful tool to regulate power options. What I want to know whether it is possible to create a shortcut for this? thank you.
So today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to create a shortcut to "Advanced Power Settings" in Windows Vista and 7:
1. Right-click on Desktop and select "New -> Shortcut":
2. It'll launch "Create Shortcut" wizard. Now enter following string in location box:
NOTE: You can use any integer after 2 commas (,,) for example, control powercfg.cpl,,3 or control powercfg.cpl,,23
3. After entering the location, click on "Next" button. Now type Advanced Power Settings in name box and click on "Finish" button. It'll create a new shortcut on Desktop.
4. Now its time to change the icon. Right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties". Click on "Change Icon" button. Type powercfg.cpl in text box and press Enter. Select the icon, click on OK button and then Apply the changes.
5. That's it. You'll get the desired shortcut on Desktop:
You can also put it in Quick launch toolbar or pin to Taskbar in Windows 7.
NOTE: If you don't want to create the shortcut manually and want a ready-made shortcut, download following ZIP file, extract it and you'll get the shortcut:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Bins: Download Taskbar Organizer for Windows 7
- Download Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton Internet Security 2013 and Norton 360 2013 Free Public Beta Versions
- How to Add “Defragment” Option in Drive Context Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Remove or Disable “Java Console” Option in Internet Explorer’s View Menu?
- Rufus: Free Portable Utility to Write Bootable ISO or IMG Files to USB Drives
- Download Windows Vista Blue Theme “VistaVG Blue Refresh” for Windows XP