Coolbarz: Freeware to Get Good Old Desktop Toolbar (Deskbar) Feature Back in Windows 7
Desktop toolbar was one of the most useful feature of Windows but sadly Microsoft removed it from Windows 7. In previous Windows versions, you could simply add a new toolbar to Taskbar and then drag-n-drop it to Desktop to create a new toolbar on Desktop. You could put it to left, right, top or bottom according to your requirements.
Our friend "Brynt Younce" has created an awesome portable utility which is called "Coolbarz". It allows you to create the same Deskbar in Windows 7.
Here is what Brynt says about his tool:
Coolbarz provides you with desktop toolbars for quick and easy access to your most commonly used programs. This feature used to be fully implemented within Windows allowing you to create and dock your own custom toolbars on the desktop, but seems to have been recently removed in the latest versions of Windows. Disappointed by that decision, I decided to create a solution that allowed me to continue using desktop toolbars. While Coolbarz was created for Windows 7, it works great on previous versions of Windows as well. It's currently in beta version.
- Provides up to 4 toolbars for adding shortcuts to any side of the screen.
- Conveniently customizable to suit your functional and visual needs, including fading effects.
- Standalone tool with no installation required.
- Easy to use and friendly interface with update notifications.
The official website is no longer available. You can download it using following alternative link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Waterfox: Download 64-bit Version of Mozilla Firefox for Windows Vista and 7
- Download Windows 8.1 Preview Boot Screen for Windows XP and Windows 7
- How to Enable Image Slide Show Feature on Windows 8.1 Lock Screen?
- Add Your Favorite Application or Shortcut Under RUN in Windows XP Start Menu
- Windows 7 Logon Reworked: Get Longhorn Style Aurora Login Screen in Windows 7
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows