Windows 7 Starter Edition 3 Applications Limit Removed
Now that's really interesting. Recently we blogged about the weird 3 applications limit in Windows 7 Starter Edition:
Windows 7 Starter Edition contains 3 applications limit, i.e. you can't run more than 3 applications simultaneously. If 3 programs are already running and you try to run a new program, you get following message:
Now it seems that Microsoft is going to remove this 3 app limit from Windows 7 Starter Edition. Today Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 7 Starter Edition will not have this limit and users will be able to run as many applications as they want.
Brandon LeBlanc @ Windows 7 Team Blog said:
For the first time, we will be making Windows 7 Starter available worldwide on small notebook PCs. We are also going to enable Windows 7 Starter customers the ability to run as many applications simultaneously as they would like, instead of being constricted to the 3 application limit that the previous Starter editions included.
It is important to note that Windows 7 Starter still includes only a subset of the features offered in the higher editions of Windows 7 such as Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional and above. Windows 7 Starter does not include:
- Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the "Windows Basic" or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
- Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
- The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
- Multi-monitor support.
- DVD playback.
- Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
- Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
- Domain support for business customers.
- XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.
That's really a wise move. But what about the changing wallpaper restriction?
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tips] Tweak Opera Web Browser Settings to Improve Your Privacy
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Profile Manager” Feature in Google Chrome
- Free 1-Year and Lifetime Licenses of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium Edition
- [Tip] Speed Up Switching between Desktop and Start Screen By Disabling Start Screen Animation in Windows 8 and Later
- How to Disable / Adjust URL Suggestions in Addressbar of Mozilla Firefox
- Stratiform: Add-on to Customize Mozilla Firefox UI