[Classic Menu, UBitMenu, Word Menus] 3 Freeware to Get the Classic Menubar and Toolbar Back in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010
We all know that Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 versions come with a new feature "Ribbons" which has totally changed the look-n-feel of all office applications.
But a few people don't like the new ribbon. They are very much used to the good old Classic menubar and toolbar. If you also don't like the new Ribbon UI and want to get back the standard Menubar and Toolbar, this article will definitely help you.
We are sharing 3 small freeware which help in getting Standard Menubar and Toolbar back in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010:
1. Classic Menu:
Classic Menu for Office brings back the familiar menus and toolbars to Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010. The software allows you to work with new Office versions as if they were Office 2003.
- Easy to install, uninstall and use.
- Easy to show or hide tabs on the Ribbon.
- Easy to show or hide the classic menus and toolbars.
- Quickly find and execute the command that you want.
- Original shortcuts are available. Press Alt-Q-Q, and you can use the familiar keyboard shortcuts again.
- The Office 2007 and 2010 icons and controls on the ribbon are available at all times.
UBitMenu is a simple way for professional Microsoft Office users to get accustomed to the new ribbon based interface of Office 2007 and 2010 without any performance loss. It will emulate / activate the Office 2003 menu in new versions of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
UBitMenu does not hide the ribbon interface, but adds the classic menu as a new ribbon. Gradually you will realize that many functions are easier to handle using Office ribbons. Microsoft has done a good job there.
3. Word Menus:
"Word Menus" is a free utility which can provide the classic menubar and toolbar functionality in Word 2007 absolutely free.
It creates all menubar and toolbar items like File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Table, Window, and Help and places them under the Add-ins tab in Word 2007.
When installing Word Menus you can choose from four arrangements:
- Standard Horizontal
- Pop out
- Standard with Toolbar
- Pop out with ToolBar
You can download it using following link:
Download Word Menus (No longer available...)
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Can’t See Minimize Button in Titlebar and Access Taskbar in Metro Apps in Windows 8.1
- Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle: Free Utility to Toggle Between New Start Screen and Old Start Menu
- Download Mac OS X “Mavericks” Transformation Pack for Windows
- How to Get Good Old “Statusbar” with Text and Progress Meter Back in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Remove or Customize Shortcut Arrow Icon in Windows?
- [Fix] Can’t Change SmartScreen Filter Settings in Windows 8 and Later