[FIX] Cannot Install New Fonts in Windows, “Install New Fonts” Command Missing from File Menu
UPDATE: You can right-click on a font file and select Install option to directly install it.
If you have downloaded some fonts from Internet or anywhere else, you can install them in your Windows by using following method:
1. Type fonts in RUN dialog box and press Enter.
2. It'll open Fonts folder. Click on "File -> Install New Font..." option, browse to the folder containing font files and click on Install button. It'll install new fonts.
But sometimes people face strange problem. They cannot find the "Install New Font..." option in "File" Menu. If you are also facing this problem, then use following method to fix the problem:
1. Open Command Prompt and provide following commands:
Attrib +s +r fonts
2. Restart your Windows and now your problem should be fixed.
NOTE: If it doesn't work, then extract the "fontext.dll" file from Windows Setup CD and copy it to "%windir%\System32" and "%windir%\System32\DLLcache" folders.
To know how to extract a file from Windows Setup, please go through following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- XBoot: Free Utility to Combine ISO and Create Single Multiboot ISO or Bootable USB
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- WEI Share: Share Your Windows 7 “Windows Experience Index” Score with World
- Download Internet Explorer Skin “VistaVG” for Maxthon Web Browser
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- How to Enable Folder Merge Conflict Message in Windows 8 and Later?