[Bug Fix] RUN MRU / History List is Always Empty in Windows 10
MRU list means Most Recently Used list which is also known as history list. It stores the list of recently used or opened items. Whenever you open any app or file using RUN dialog box, it automatically stores and remembers that app or file and whenever you re-open RUN dialog box, it shows those recently used items in the drop-down list.
In Windows 10, I have found an annoying bug which causes RUN dialog box MRU list to remain always empty. No matter how many apps or files you open using RUN dialog box, it never stores those entries and when you re-launch RUN dialog box, it forgets the last or recently used items. It remains always empty.
The bug is so strange that you'll never have any idea why this problem is occurring in your Windows 10 computer. You can follow these simple steps to reproduce the bug in Windows 10:
1. Open Settings app from Start Menu or by pressing WIN+I keys together.
2. Now go to Personalization -> Start section and disable "Show most used apps" option.
3. Now open RUN dialog box from WIN+X Menu or by pressing WIN+R keys together.
You'll be surprised to see that the box MRU list will be empty. Click on the drop-down arrow to access MRU list, it'll be absolutely blank. Everything from RUN dialog box history will be deleted.
4. Now try to open anything using RUN dialog box, for example, regedit or explorer or mspaint, etc. Again open RUN dialog box, the MRU list will still be empty. It'll not store anything.
5. To fix the issue, again open Settings app and go to Personalization -> Start section and now enable "Show most used apps" option.
6. Now open RUN dialog box and open anything using it. Again open RUN dialog box and now it'll remember the recently used items list.
So if you are facing this annoying problem in Windows 10, simply enable the above mentioned option in Settings app and it'll fix the issue.
In my opinion, the option should only disable most used apps list in Start Menu. It should not affect RUN dialog box MRU list at any cost.
- Windows 10 Bug Breaks Lock Screen Slide Show Feature
- [Windows 10 Bug] 2 Context Menus Appear at Same Time in Taskbar
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows 8 Bugs and Goof-ups
- How to Enable "Inline AutoComplete" Feature in Explorer and Run Dialog Box?
- How to Remove An Item from RUN Dialog Box History / MRU List in Windows?
- How to Open Any Program by Typing its Name in RUN Dialog Box in Windows?
- [Fix] Start Menu Recent Items and RUN MRU List is Empty When User Logs on
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Create and Install Your Own Custom Themes in Google Chrome?
- Download Mac OS X Lion Login Screen for Windows XP
- TheWorld: New Web Browser Based on Internet Explorer Rendering Engine
- Mozilla Firefox Update Channels: Nightly, Aurora, Developer, Beta and Release
- Get Windows 7 CAD (Ctrl+Alt+Del) Screen in Windows XP
- How to Disable Mozilla Crash Reporter aka “Breakpad” in Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey