BitLocker Repair Tool: Recover Encrypted Data from Physically Damaged or Corrupted Hard Disk
The BitLocker Repair Tool is a free tool which helps you in recovering your valuable data from a corrupted or damaged hard disk drive that was encrypted with BitLocker in Windows.
This tool allows you to access your data encrypted with BitLocker even if the hard disk has been physically damaged. This tool attempts to recollect critical data from the damaged drive and save any recoverable data.
To decrypt the data, you need a recovery password or recovery key. In some cases, a backup of the key package is also required.
You can use this command-line tool if the following conditions are true for you:
- A volume has been encrypted by using BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- Windows does not start, or you cannot start the BitLocker recovery console.
- You do not have a copy of the data that is contained on the encrypted volume.
NOTE: BitLocker does not need to be installed on the computer for you to use the BitLocker Repair Tool, but that computer system must be running.
- Windows Vista with or without Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008
You can download the tool using following link:
Posted in: Windows Vista
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Customize Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Library Background Image in Windows 7
- [Fix] Jumplist in Windows 7 Start Menu Stopped Working
- WinUpdatesList: Displays List of All Windows Updates Installed in Your Windows
- Get Glass CMD (Command Prompt) in Windows XP
- Are There Only 10 Product Keys for All Windows 7 Beta Users?
- [Help & Support] Frequently Asked Problems (FAQ) with Solutions