Aomei Partition Assistant: Download Free Hard Disk Partition Manager Software for Windows
Many times we find ourselves in a situation when we need to create a new partition to install a new OS or to store our important data. If we already have some free unpartitioned space in our hard disk, we can easily create a new partition in it but what if we don't have a separate free partition to install the new OS? In such condition, we might need to shrink an existing partition to get some free space and then we can create a new partition using that extra free space.
Although Windows comes with a built-in disk management utility but its not perfect. There are times when we require a 3rd party partition manager software to manage our hard drive partitions.
We have posted an article in past which contains a list of popular and absolutely free partition manager software for Windows which can be found at following link:
Today in this topic, we are going to share another free partition management utility for Windows.
"Aomei Partition Assistant" is a free partition manager software for Windows OS which allows you to manage and perform various operations on your hard disk partitions. Some of them are as following:
- Resize partitions
- Move partitions
- Create new partitions
- Merge partitions
- Split partitions
- Extend partitions
- Copy partitions
- Manage partitions (format, delete, hide, wipe)
- Allocate free space from one partition to another
- Copy whole disk to a new one
- Convert primary partition to logical and vice versa
- Disk surface test
- Check partitions
To use this software, simply select the partition which you want to manage and then click on the desired operation link given in the left-side pane. Its very simple and easy to use tool.
This freeware can be used in Windows 2000 professional, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows are supported.
It supports FAT, FAT32 and NTFS file systems. IDE, SATA, eSATA, SCSI, SSD, USB external hard disk, USB flash drive, etc are supported.
You can download it using following link:
If you want to use it in a Server OS such as Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003 or 2008, etc, you can download its Server edition which is also free:
Feel free to share your feedback about this free tool in your comment. Which partition manager software are you using atm?
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- ISO Toolkit: Freeware to Create, Convert, Copy, Extract, Mount and Burn ISO Image Files
- [Tip] Remove “Send a Smile” (Feedback) and Other Toolbar Buttons from Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10
- How to Get Mac OS or Linux Style Font Smoothing in Windows?
- How to Remove “Gadgets” Option from Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu?
- [Windows 10 Tip] Disable Data Collection and Telemetry in Windows Defender
- AeroWeather: Change Windows Vista and 7’s Aero Color According to Weather Conditions