TheWorld: New Web Browser Based on Internet Explorer Rendering Engine
"TheWorld" web browser is another good browser which uses Internet Explorer engine. It has a very clean and organized interface. Look-wise it looks similar to Mozilla Firefox, so you can say its a mixture of both IE and Firefox.
It saves space by showing the Menubar in titlebar. Also each toolbar is customizable. You can add/remove buttons or move the toolbars.
It has a new, powerful multi-threaded window frame, which prevents the browser from freezing. Even if one webpage is unresponsive, the rest will not be affected.
Like other browsers, it has ad-blocker and pop-up blocker.
TheWorld is the first browser that can disable a web page's sound with one click.
Also it has its own download manager which supports pause/resume function and also allows you to manage the downloads.
There are also a few plug-ins available for this browser.
If you are a customization lover, then you can use lots of skins to change its look. You just need to download the skin ZIP file and extract it to "%programfiles%\TheWorld 2.0\Skin\skin_name" folder. Here "%programfiles%" represents the "Program Files" folder in the system drive where Windows is installed. Suppose you downloaded a skin "VistaVG", then you'll need to extract its zip file in "%programfiles%\TheWorld 2.0\Skin\VistaVG" folder. After that you can apply the skin from "Tools -> Interface & Plugins" menu in the browser.
There are various skins available to make it look like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, WMP, etc.
It supports almost all Windows versions including Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista and 7.
You can download it using following link:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
- Microsoft Talks About Windows Explorer Improvements in Windows 8, Addition of Ribbon UI and Up Button
- Fix Restart and Shutdown Problems in Windows 8 and Later by Disabling “Hybrid Shutdown” Feature
- [Tip] Disable Smooth Typing Animation and Transitions in Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016
- [Fun Tip] Enable Windows Vista Boot Screen in Windows 7
- How to Change or Customize Start Menu Look-n-Feel in Windows XP?