Firefox 4.0 and later versions come with lots of new changes and features like new GUI, new Add-ons Manager. You also notice lots of modifications and removal of good old components like Menubar, Statusbar, etc in these versions.
If you are new to Firefox 4.0 and later versions and missing the good old things, here are some articles which will help you in getting the missing things back:
- How to Get Good Old "RSS Feed Icon" Back in Mozilla Firefox Addressbar
- How to Get Good Old "Statusbar" with Text and Progress Meter Back in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Disable New Orange "Firefox" Button in Titlebar & Get Menu Bar Back in Firefox
- How to Put Tabs Back on Bottom in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Get Separate "Stop" and "Reload" Buttons in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Disable "Open New Tab After Current Tab" Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Fix] Mozilla Firefox Closes When You Close the Last Tab
- How to Bring Back "Save Tabs and Quit" Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Disable Hardware Acceleration (GPU Rendering) in Mozilla Firefox to Fix Font Problem?
Following articles will help you in enabling some hidden new features which are not enabled by default:
- How to Enable IE Like "Quick Tabs" Feature (All Tabs Previews) in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Enable New Ctrl+Tab Preview Thumbnails List in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Enable New Animation in Mozilla Firefox Preferences / Options Window?
If you want to disable unnecessary animations to speed up Firefox, you can visit following tutorials:
- How to Disable Animation in Tab Groups (Panorama) in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Disable Animation While Opening New Tab in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Disable Toolbar Auto-Hide Feature in Full Screen Mode of Mozilla Firefox
- How to Disable Animation While Going Full Screen in Mozilla Firefox
And you must give a try to following add-ons which allow you to customize new Firefox and later versions interface:
- Firefox 4 UI Fixer: Customize Mozilla Firefox Interface, Show Page Titles, Move Orange Button and Statusbar
- 4 Excellent Add-ons to Customize Mozilla Firefox Orange Button
- Iconic Firefox Menu: Shrink and Make Mozilla Firefox Orange Button Transparent
- Movable Firefox Button: Allows You to Move Mozilla Firefox Orange Button
We are sure all the above articles will make your experience with the new Firefox versions better...