If you use Windows Vista or 7, you might miss the classic System Properties window which used to show in previous Windows versions. Windows Vista and 7 shows a new System Properties window containing detailed system information and various links to other sections in left side.
In previous Windows versions, whenever you click on My Computer icon and select "Properties", it shows a small window containing various tabs like Hardware, Advanced, System Restore, etc.
Here is a small trick to show the same System Properties window in Windows Vista and 7. After following this tutorial, you'll get a new option in My Computer context menu which will directly show the good old System properties window containing various tabs:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Right-click on "Shell" key and select "New -> Key". Give this new key any name e.g. "System Properties". The same name will be shown in context menu.
3. Right-click on this new key "System Properties" and select "New -> Key". Give it name "command".
4. Select this new key "command" and in right-side pane change the value of "Default" to:
5. That's it. Exit Registry editor and right-click on My Computer icon, you'll get this new option there:
When you'll click on this new option, it'll open the Classic System Properties window:
NOTE: If you want a ready-made registry file to add this option, then download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted .REG file: