Recently we posted a simple script to toggle "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Show / Hide Hidden Files" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
In Windows XP, you'll need to right-click on a folder to get the option. In Windows Vista and 7, you can right-click on an empty area in Explorer or Desktop to get the option.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file present in the "Windows XP" or "Windows Vista and 7" folders depending upon which Windows are you using.
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize My Computer Context Menu in Windows
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Waiting to Download Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2?
- How to Create All-in-One Setup DVD to Install All Windows Vista x86 and x64 Editions?
- How to Remove “Computer” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Fix Windows Store, Metro Apps and Microsoft Account Related Problems in Windows 8
- How to Restore Default “New Tab” Page in Internet Explorer 8?
- Microsoft Re-brands “Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner” to “Microsoft Safety Scanner”