Add “Show / Hide Hidden Files” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
Recently we posted a simple script to toggle "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Show / Hide Hidden Files" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
In Windows XP, you'll need to right-click on a folder to get the option. In Windows Vista and later, you can right-click on an empty area in Explorer or Desktop to get the option.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file present in the "Windows XP" or "Windows Vista and 7" folders depending upon which Windows are you using.
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize My Computer Context Menu in Windows
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Search Box on New Tab Page in Internet Explorer Web Browser
- [Fix] Charms Bar Randomly Appears on Windows 8/8.1 Devices
- Vista Drive Status: Get Windows Vista and 7 Drive Status Bar in Windows XP Explorer
- Best Free Alternatives to Nero CD / DVD Burning Software
- Windows 7 Services Configuration: Turn Off / Disable Background Services to Improve System Performance
- How to Disable Lock Screen in Windows 8 and Later?