Recently we posted a simple script to toggle "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Show / Hide Hidden Files" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
In Windows XP, you'll need to right-click on a folder to get the option. In Windows Vista and later, you can right-click on an empty area in Explorer or Desktop to get the option.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file present in the "Windows XP" or "Windows Vista and 7" folders depending upon which Windows are you using.
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize My Computer Context Menu in Windows
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Choose Desired Windows 7 Edition / Version During Setup?
- Get Windows Vista DreamScene Feature in Linux
- How to Set Your Desired Wallpaper as Folder Background in Windows Vista?
- How to Disable New Ribbon UI in Windows 8/8.1 Explorer?
- PaintRibbon: Get Windows 7 Look-Like Paint in Windows XP and Vista
- [Solution] Options to Change Hidden Files and Folders Settings are not Available in Folder Options