Add “Show / Hide Hidden Files” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
Recently we posted a simple script to toggle "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Show / Hide Hidden Files" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
In Windows XP, you'll need to right-click on a folder to get the option. In Windows Vista and later, you can right-click on an empty area in Explorer or Desktop to get the option.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file present in the "Windows XP" or "Windows Vista and 7" folders depending upon which Windows are you using.
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
PS: If you receive any error message while running the installer, first take ownership of following key in Registry Editor:
Now run the installer again and it'll work without any problem.
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize My Computer Context Menu in Windows
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Comparison Between Windows 7 and Windows 8 Memory Management System
- QTTabBar Now Supports Windows 7, Add Tab Feature to Windows Explorer
- [Windows 10 Bug] 2 Context Menus Appear at Same Time in Taskbar
- Download Windows File Protection (WFP) Service Patcher or Switcher
- How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows?
- How to Automatic Log into Windows Without Entering Username and Password?