Add “Show / Hide Hidden Files” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
Recently we posted a simple script to toggle "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Show / Hide Hidden Files" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
In Windows XP, you'll need to right-click on a folder to get the option. In Windows Vista and later, you can right-click on an empty area in Explorer or Desktop to get the option.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file present in the "Windows XP" or "Windows Vista and 7" folders depending upon which Windows are you using.
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize My Computer Context Menu in Windows
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Mouse Pointer Freezes, Lags or Other Problems While Playing Games in Windows 8.1
- Microsoft IE Team Releases “Bored to Death” HTML5 Game to Play Online
- Restarter: Restart Explorer, Uxsms Service and Kill Not Responding Tasks in Windows
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows Vista, Download Vista Theme for Windows 7
- How to Remove “Feedback” Button from Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta Toolbar?
- Kludget Engine: Free Utility to Use Mac OS Dashboard Widgets on Windows and Linux Desktop