Recently we posted a simple script to toggle "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Show / Hide Hidden Files" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
In Windows XP, you'll need to right-click on a folder to get the option. In Windows Vista and later, you can right-click on an empty area in Explorer or Desktop to get the option.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file present in the "Windows XP" or "Windows Vista and 7" folders depending upon which Windows are you using.
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize My Computer Context Menu in Windows
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office Using Registry?
- NTLite: Ultimate Tool to Tweak and Customize Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Installation
- Get Windows 7 “Desktop Background Slide Show” Feature in XP and Vista Using Microsoft Official “Winter Fun Wallpaper Changer” Powertoy
- Download Free Windows 8 RTM 90-day Trial Version
- How to Fix “Unexpected Installation Error -203″ Problem While Installing Extensions and Themes in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Fix Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) Stuck at First Run Welcome Page?