Add “Restart uxsms” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
Recently we published a useful article which helps you in adding "Restart Explorer" option in Desktop context menu in Windows Vista and 7:
An AskVG.com reader "Patrick" requested the same mod for restarting uxsms service to easily fix Windows Aero related problems.
So we are publishing another article which will help you in adding an option "Restart uxsms" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) so that you can stop and restart the "uxsms" service if you face any kind of problem with Windows Aero.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file :
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
PS: If you receive any error message while running the installer, first take ownership of following key in Registry Editor:
Now run the installer again and it'll work without any problem.
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize My Computer Context Menu in Windows
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Just Installed Good Old Windows Live Essentials 2009 (Wave 3) Back
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Start Menu XP: Get XP Style “All Programs” Drop-Out List in Windows Vista and 7
- Download Awesome Glass Theme for RocketDock
- [Guide] How to Take Ownership (Permission) of a Registry Key in Windows?
- What is the Use of “Add to Compact View” Option in Windows Live Mail