Add “Restart Explorer” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
Recently we posted a simple script to restart Explorer in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Restart Explorer" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file :
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
Now you can restart Windows Explorer quickly and easily by simply right-clicking on Desktop or Explorer and selecting "Restart Explorer" option.
PS: If you receive any error message while running the installer, first take ownership of following key in Registry Editor:
Now run the installer again and it'll work without any problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342 for PC Available for Download
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Desktop Context Menu in XP, Add “View”, “Screen Resolution”, “Gadgets” & “Personalize” Options
- Add “Windows Apps” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- How to Use Miracast Wireless Display or Screen Mirroring Feature in Windows 8.1 or Later?
- [Fix] Pin to Start Menu Option is Missing in Windows
- Open in Regedit: Open Registry Keys Directly from Mozilla Firefox