Add “Restart Explorer” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
Recently we posted a simple script to restart Explorer in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Restart Explorer" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file :
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
Now you can restart Windows Explorer quickly and easily by simply right-clicking on Desktop or Explorer and selecting "Restart Explorer" option.
PS: If you receive any error message while running the installer, first take ownership of following key in Registry Editor:
Now run the installer again and it'll work without any problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Retrieve Forgotten Email Account Password Stored in Your Desktop Email Client?
- How to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista?
- [Tip] How to Uninstall Modern Apps in Windows 10
- Download SevenVG Black RTM Theme with Normal Thin Taskbar for Windows XP
- How to Access and Use Metro Boot Loader and Advanced Boot Options in Windows 8 and Later?
- X-Ray: Freeware to Automatically Submit Suspicious Files to Antivirus Companies for Free Scan