Add “Restart Explorer” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
Recently we posted a simple script to restart Explorer in Windows:
And now we'll tell you how to add an option "Restart Explorer" in Desktop and Explorer context menu (menu which appears when you right-click) to make the task faster and easier.
Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Install.exe" file :
It'll automatically install the required files and will ask you to add the option into Windows Registry, accept the confirmation by clicking on "Yes" button and then OK.
Now you can restart Windows Explorer quickly and easily by simply right-clicking on Desktop or Explorer and selecting "Restart Explorer" option.
PS: If you receive any error message while running the installer, first take ownership of following key in Registry Editor:
Now run the installer again and it'll work without any problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- 5 Easy Ways to Remove Ribbon from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer
- How to Bring Back “Save Tabs and Quit” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Fun Tip] Maximize Windows or Dialog Box When Maximize Button is Disabled
- Mavis Up Button: Add the Missing “Up” Button to Windows Vista and 7 Explorer Toolbar
- Windows 8.1 Upgrade Paths and Pricing Details
- iKill: Another Tool to Remove Suspicious “Autorun.inf” Files from USB Drives