Add “Open with Resource Hacker” Option in EXE, DLL, CPL, OCX and SCR Files Context Menu
NOTE: Make sure Resource Hacker's EXE file is stored in "Resource Hacker" directory under "Program Files" folder in C: drive, otherwise this trick will not work. Or you can edit the .REG file in Notepad and change the path of EXE file.
If you are a regular visitor of this site, then you might be aware of various "Resource Hacker" tutorials which we post time to time. Resource Hacker is a tool to edit Windows files to change look-n-feel of Windows interface.
You can check our "All About Resource Hacker" tutorial to know better about this tool.
You can edit EXE, DLL, CPL and many other system files with this tool. If you use it frequently, then here is an interesting tip for you.
Today one of our visitor "Kishan Bagaria" posted a very interesting trick which can add "Open with Resource Hacker" option in EXE, DLL, CPL, OCX and SCR files context menu.
In other words, you just need to merge a small registry file and whenever you'll right-click on any above mentioned files, you'll get an extra option "Open with Resource Hacker" in the list:
Just download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
That's it. Now you'll get the option in EXE, DLL, CPL, OCX and SCR files context menu.
If you want to remove the option in future, then you can use following file in same way:
Thanks to our reader "Kishan Bagaria" for this nice tip...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 7 in a Box: Get All System Settings in One Place
- Download Windows 10 Insider (Technical) Preview for Mobile Phones
- [Fix] No Sound Coming from Headphones or External Speakers Connected to Your Mobile Phone
- [Fix] “Get Windows 10” Upgrade App Icon is Missing in Taskbar
- Create Portable Version of “FeedDemon” RSS Reader for USB Drives
- Transform Windows Vista into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack