Add “Desktop Shortcuts” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
Recently we posted a tutorial for adding your favorite programs shortcuts under cascading menus in Windows 7 Desktop and My Computer context menus:
It might become very useful if you want to add your frequently used programs or system tools under separate groups.
Today in this article, we are providing a ready-made registry script which can add a new cascading menu "Desktop Shortcuts" in Windows 7 My Computer context menu which contains following useful shortcuts under it:
- Change Theme
- Change Wallpaper
- Change Screen Saver
- Change Desktop Icons Settings
- Change Sound Scheme
- Change Mouse Pointers
- Change DPI Scaling
- Change Window Color and Appearance
By default, it adds the cascading menu in the middle of context menu. But if you want, you can add it at top or bottom of context menu.
There are 3 different scripts included in the ZIP file, simply run the desired REG file to add the cascading menu.
There is also an uninstallation script available in the ZIP file so that you can remove the cascading menu.
PS: If the cascading menu doesn't work for you, first take ownership of following keys in Registry Editor:
Then run the registry script again.
- Add "Windows Apps" Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- Add "System Tools" Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- Add "System Shortcuts" Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Create All-in-One Setup DVD to Install All Windows Vista x86 and x64 Editions?
- [Tip] Hide / Remove Search Box and Up Button from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer
- How to Get Separate “Stop” and “Reload” Buttons in Mozilla Firefox?
- Add “Power Options” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- Opera Mail: Lightweight and Portable Email Client for Windows
- IE7 Pro: Free Add-on to Add New Features to Internet Explorer Web Browser