Do you visit AskVG.com frequently and tired of opening the browser and typing the URL each time? Then here is a special trick for you.
You can add AskVG.com in your Desktop context menu and whenever you want to open the site, just right-click on Desktop and select the option to open AskVG:
Interesting, huh? You just need to follow very simple steps to get this option. This trick will only work for Windows Vista, 7 and Windows 8 users, XP doesn't support this method.
Also you can use this method to add any other website URL in Desktop context menu. It'll work for all websites.
So here we start our tutorial:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Now we'll need to create a new key under "Shell" key. Right-click on "Shell" key and select "New -> Key". Give the new key name of "Open AskVG.com" (without quotes). You can give any other name, the name you set here will be shown as the option label in Desktop context menu.
4. Now we'll need to create another new key. Right-click on the new key which we created in the last step e.g. Open AskVG.com and select "New -> Key". Give the new key name of command.
5. Now select "command" key and in right-side pane, you'll see "Default" String value. We'll need to set its value to the command to open AskVG.com. You can set the browser as well which you want to open while selecting the option in Desktop context menu.
Following are the commands for each browser which are needed to be set as the value of "Default":
Internet Explorer: iexplore AskVG.com
Mozilla Firefox: firefox AskVG.com
Google Chrome: full_path_of_Chrome_EXE_file AskVG.com
Opera: full_path_of_Opera_EXE_file AskVG.com
You can find the full path of Google Chrome and Opera browsers by right-clicking on their shortcuts on Desktop or Programs menu and select "Properties". Now copy the complete path from "Target" text box and use that as described above.
Unlike IE and Firefox, only giving Chrome or Opera doesn't work in this method.
Google Chrome and Opera paths would be as following:
Google Chrome: C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Opera: C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe
If your Windows Vista is installed in a partition other than C:, then replace the drive letter in above mentioned paths.
6. That's it. Once you set the value of "Default", you have done. Now right-click on Desktop and you'll set a new option "Open AskVG.com" which will open the website upon selection.
PS: If you want a ready-made script to do the task automatically, then download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it: