Add Image or Logo in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows XP
This tutorial will help you in adding your desired image or logo in Desktop and Explorer context menu (right-click menu) in Windows XP as shown in following screenshot:
If you want to add an image in context menu, simply follow these simple steps:
1. First download following ZIP file:
After downloading, extract the ZIP file using 7-Zip or other software and you'll get Image.dll file.
2. Now you'll need to register this DLL file. Open Command Prompt and type following command:
For example, if you saved the DLL file in D:\Image.dll, then run following command:
3. That's it. It'll immediately add an image in Desktop and Explorer context menu.
4. If you decide to remove the image in future, you'll need to unregister the DLL file by running following command in Command Prompt:
regsvr32 DLL_File_Location /u
You can watch following video to see the whole method live in action:
NOTE: If you want to change the image, you can edit the DLL file using Resource Hacker and replace the default image present in the file. You can add any BMP file (max size 96x96).
PS: We got this DLL file in a computer magazine's CD longtime back. If anyone knows the person who created this DLL file, please let us know and we'll provide credits to him.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Free Public Beta
- How to Re-Download Windows 8 Setup Without Purchasing it Again Using Upgrade Assistant?
- Create Direct Shortcut for “Notification Area Icons” in Windows Vista and Later
- [Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer “This PC”
- How to Fix Arrow Keys Navigation Problem in Mozilla Firefox?
- Download Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)