UPDATE: New version released which comes with Windows 8 style scroll support for touch screens, unlimited pages adding support and IE9 jumplist support.
Recently we blogged about a Metro style homepage for web browsers including Firefox, IE, Opera and Chrome which features Windows 8 Start Screen like interface:
Today we are going to share another similar thing!
"8Start" is an HTML file created by AskVG's DA group member "link6155" with the help of "blindbartemais" which can be set as Homepage in your favorite web browser.
It has been created using Java script and CSS. It provides a homepage which looks very similar to recently introduced Start screen in Windows 8.
When you hover cursor over a tile, it slides to the right with a cool animation.
By default it comes with pre-defined website tiles but you can change them by editing the Index.html file in Notepad. To change images, you can modify or replace existing PNG files in "Panels" folder.
You can download it using following link:
Extract the downloaded ZIP file and set the "Index.htm" file as your browser's homepage. To set the index.htm file as homepage, double-click on the file, it'll open it in your web browser, then select "Use current page as homepage" or similar option in browser's Settings window.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Launches “Ultimate PC” Website to Provide “Ultimate Exclusives” for Windows Vista
- Add AskVG.com or Other Website Links in Desktop Context Menu in Windows
- How to Change or Reset Product Key of Microsoft Office?
- Did You Know You can Move Taskbar Buttons in Windows 7?
- Windows 8 Shows Centered Titlebar Text, Icon and New Up Button in Explorer, Official Microsoft Video Confirms
- Aomei Partition Assistant: Download Free Hard Disk Partition Manager Software for Windows