Microsoft Shares Tips and Hotkeys to Make Windows 7 Faster, Secure and Easier to Use
Windows 7 is already faster, secure and customizable compared to other Windows versions but if you want to get more from it, you should definitely go through a huge list of 77 tips for Windows 7 which has been posted by Microsoft TechNet website.
The tips cover following areas:
- Make Windows 7 faster
- Get more done with Windows 7
- The best Windows 7 shortcuts
- Securing Windows 7
The topic also mentions 14 best Windows 7 keyboards shortcuts which are as follows:
Win+H - Move current window to full screen
Win+I - Restore current full screen window to normal size or minimize it if not full screen
Win+Shift+arrow - Move current window to alternate screen
Win+D - Minimize all windows and show the desktop
Win+E - Launch Explorer with Computer as the focus
Win+F - Launch a search window
Win+G - Cycle through gadgets
Win+L - Lock the desktop
Win+M - Minimize the current window
Win+R - Open the Run window
Win+T - Cycle through task bar opening Aero Peek for each running item
Win+U - Open the Ease of Use center
Win+Space - Aero Peek the desktop
Ctrl+Win+Tab - Open persistent task selection window, roll mouse over each icon to preview item and minimize others
All tips are really worth a read. Thanks to Microsoft for providing them in a single place.
Thanks to our friend "Rob Margel" for sharing it...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Enable New “Translator Bubble UI” in Google Chrome
- Download “Windows Server 2008 Workstation Converter” to Make Server 2008 Look and Work Like Windows Vista
- How to Fix “MAPI was Unable to Load Information Service Msncon.dll” Error Message in Microsoft Outlook?
- Add Context Menu Option to Extract / Unpack Files from MSI (Microsoft Installer) Package
- What is the Use of “Add to Compact View” Option in Windows Live Mail
- [Fix] A New Strange Line Appears below Ribbon Toolbar in Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer