Most of you have already downloaded and installed Windows 7 RC build which was released to public yesterday. If you have not downloaded it yet, then grab your copy now and start enjoying it.
Here we would like to mention a few things which you should do after installing Windows 7 RC build:
1. Learn About New Features of Windows 7
Windows 7 comes with many new features and changes. We advise you to go through our exclusive Windows 7 section to read many interesting and useful articles about Windows 7. These articles will help you in learning about new features of Windows 7 and using Windows 7 like a pro:
2. Make Windows 7 Faster
Although Windows 7 is already very fast but we can make it a bit more fast by disabling unnecessary services, startup items and animations. You should take a look at following tutorial:
3. Customize Windows 7 Login Screen
Windows 7 allows you to easily change the Login Screen (or Welcome Screen) using Windows registry. You even don't need any 3rd party software for it. So change the login screen background with your favorite picture:
4. Remove Unwanted Windows Components
You can completely remove Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Windows Search and many other Windows components in Windows 7 which was not possible in previous Windows versions:
5. Organize Taskbar Buttons
Did you know you can move Taskbar buttons to change their positions? Windows 7 allows you to re-arrange taskbar buttons:
6. Link your Windows User Account with your Windows Live ID
If you have a Windows Live ID, you can link your Windows 7 user account with your Windows Live ID to start communication between various computers:
7. Show Titlebar Text in Windows 7 Explorer
Windows 7 doesn't show Titlebar text in Explorer. If you want to enable it, you can use small utilities mentioned in following articles:
8. Change Start Menu Power Button Action
By default, Windows 7 Start Menu power button is set to "Hibernate". If you want to change it to Shutdown or anything else, you can follow this tutorial:
9. Become Familiar with Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts
Learn all useful keyboard shortcuts which can make your Windows 7 experience better and easier:
10. Customize System Tray Clock
Windows 7 shows both date and time in system tray clock. You can customize it to show Day and Month names as well.
11. Get Classic Thin Taskbar Back
If you don't like the new Superbar, you can get the classic thin Taskbar back:
12. Get Windows Media Player Taskbar Toolbar Back
Windows Media Player in Windows 7 doesn't contain the mini Taskbar toolbar. If you are missing it, you can get it back using following tutorial:
13. Get Classic Wordpad Back
Windows 7 contains new redesigned Wordpad which provides Ribbon interface. If you are not used to this new interface, you can get classic Wordpad back using following tutorial:
14. Get Classic Paint Back
Windows 7 contains new redesigned Paint which provides Ribbon interface. If you are not used to this new interface, you can get classic Paint back using following tutorial:
15. Get "Quick Launch" Toolbar and "Show Desktop" button Back
Microsoft has removed the "Quick Launch" toolbar from Taskbar. That's why you can't even access the "Show Desktop" button. You can get both things back using following tutorial:
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Did You Know You can Move Taskbar Buttons in Windows 7 and Later?
- AveDesktopSites: Free Alternative for Missing Active Desktop Feature in Windows Vista
- How to Get Classic XP Style Network Activity Indicator Back in Windows 7?
- How to Restore Accidentally Uninstalled Built-in Apps in Windows 8?
- Get Windows Vista Welcome Center in Windows XP
- Add Context Menu Option to Extract / Unpack Files from MSI (Microsoft Installer) Package